Asset.bz Asset / Inventory Management Project



I have found out through my own experiences and that of others, how difficult it is to get ‘sincere’ applause at the end of demo of any beta version software. Yes, you would always get some form of applause, but rarely the ‘sincere’ ones.

Software demo for new products in my organization usually has in attendance several employees from different units and departments. Many attend on the basis of obligation while others are just too busy in their heads to give the session the attention it would require in order to appreciate the product being presented.

I had to send out reminders to get invitees to leave their seats for the demo of a new product my team just developed. It’s a team of 2, and while I worked at the Front-end with design, branding and development along with the accompanying Mobile App, my partner was in charge of the web services and SQL Server database development. We would be anchoring the demo together, and I was to start the session.

We were to receive an applause that resounded across the presentation room at the end of our demonstration. This ‘sincere’ applause along with an instinct made me know at once that there was something special about this new product. All attendees were excited at the possibilities introduced by the solution into conventional asset / inventory management.

Found at asset.bz is an Inventory Management solution that has just been transferred to pilot phase. I was intensely challenged by this application during development. In my subsequent post, I will share the several challenges that we encountered and surmounted and also the unique features of this solution.

Here is me signing off the beta version to the testers and going back to bury myself into the next iteration of the solution…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resize or Crop Image before Upload Using HTML5 File API

Get Creative With Data Tables: Row Click Events

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040